.

.

Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2021

50’s Rock'n'Roll/Doo Wop Trio Johnny & The High Jives release ‘Teddy Boy Rock’

 

Birmingham, UK outfit Johnny & The High Jives recently released their first single "Teddy Boy Rock", a hot rockin' number that sounds straight out of the 1950's with a toe-tappin' beat, hot saxophone and enough jive to get you up and dancing from the first notes.

So who are these guys? Let founding member Jack Chetwynd tell the story:

"After playing in several rock/Mod/blues/soul bands over the years..and becoming slightly disillusioned with music, I decided to form a band playing the music that I first remembered hearing and loving as a child. The music that I learned to dance to in my Grandma’s front room and the music that inspired me to be a musician. The Everly Brothers, Chuck Berry, The Drifters, The Platters and Roy Orbison to name just a few.

Around 5 years ago, I enlisted my old Friends ‘Champagne’ Charlie (guitar) & Phil ‘The Count’ (Drums) And ‘Johnny & The High Jives was born.Since then, we have played gigs up and down the country, filling dance floors & making new friends as we go. To me, that is what music is all about. If we make people smile, laugh, dance & have a good time…then we’ve done our job! 

We have no burning ambitions/dreams in relation to our record, we just hope that people will give it a listen and enjoy what they hear."
 
Listen HERE